01 January 2012

Courage in the New Year

Happy New Year, everyone. I don't have very long to write this but I know the holidays can be stressful and full of triggers for a lot of us, so I wanted to post a few quotes I found that I think sum things up nicely. They really grabbed me and I wanted to share them.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says "I'll try again tomorrow." ~Mary Anne Radmacher
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear. ~Ambrose Redmoon 
Sometimes, even to live is an act of courage. ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca, Letters to Lucilius

Courage doesn't always mean stoicism, smiling, and wrestling a lion bare-handed. Sometimes, it's just going on with life, even if it's the last thing you want to do, even if you're moving forwards with red-rimmed eyes, a snotty nose, and sniffling the whole way as you pull yourself along inch by inch.

Happy New Year, and may it bring all of us some measure of peace and solace.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment