21 April 2012

Hello from the wild blue yonder

Howdy y'all! My sincere apologies for my sudden lack of blogging. Things got a little crazy there towards the end of my vacation. In retrospect, a "Blog post a day" challenge might not have been the most realistic idea to take up while I was traveling by myself with small kids, but hey, you live and you learn. I'll see if I can catch up on my HAWMC blogging but I'm not holding my breath (or holding myself to an impossible standard). I'm working on learning to be easier and gentler with myself and not have too high of expectations for myself that I beat myself up over not accomplishing.

In other news, Yumyum has turned 1 year old and Lizzie will be 3 on Monday. I'm now 20 weeks pregnant with... *drumroll* a boy! I'm excited about the chance to buy little suits and ties, and the fact that this means I will NOT have three teenage girls in the house at the same time (if this were a boy it would have been a 13, 14, and 16 year old all at once... oh my).

Anyways, just dropping in to say hi, and now I'm off to see if I can catch up on HAWMC. I'll leave you with some pictures from our recent vacation. :)

Yumyum had just had a little bit of Grandma's ice cream sandwich and then drank some tang. She made a face like "Ugh! I want the sweet stuff again!!!".

Lizzie taking a break from her hard work playing.

Lizzie "fishing" in the Discovery House at the San Antonio Zoo.

Lizzie hunting Easter Eggs.

    
Yumyum hunting Easter Eggs.

Yumyum just before she stuck a foil-wrapped Reese's cup in her mouth (opened the eggs on her own).

 The next two should be self-explanatory.



They're too cute for their own good!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment